Members Area Forums Exchanges / Projects / Lenders / DeFi Coinbase Exposure to Regulation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Rowan
    Participant

Coinbase was the exchange I first used for investing in a diverse crypto asset portfolio. I recognize the exposure to federal regulation agencies gone mad..but it appears to me that the centralized exchanges are attempting to insulate themselves and their customers from the crypto confiscation afoot. Is it still a relatively stable and safe exchange to move coins out of private cold wallets to transact in both crypto and stablecoin to $$$???

tccadmin
    Keymaster

I think Coinbase is the safest exchange in the US from a regulatory standpoint.

They are proactively advocating on behalf of the entire crypto industry, Paul Grewel (the Chief Legal Officer) routinely takes the SEC to task (and wins!)

All the huge institutions including the US government itself use Coinbase for custody, they are going to be the custodian on all eight spot ETFs when they finally launch – they’ve already baked themselves in.

No matter what happens on the regulatory front, you can count on Coinbase to spearhead the crypto community’s response, while at the same time being the preeminent institutional and governmental custodian and partner.

In other words, these guys are already part of the plumbing. They’re not going anywhere.

Kevin Rowan
    Participant

And you still recommend moving crypto assets especially bitcoin into a cold wallet while HODLing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.