Members Area Forums Exchanges / Projects / Lenders / DeFi WALLETS: ColdCard vs Ledger Nano

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    VCP
    Participant

Was about to order a Ledger Nano for my first wallet but then read some reviews of ColdCard and since I’m just looking at storing Bitcoin and don’t plan on using the wallet with a phone or Bluetooth, it seemed a more secure choice. (Especially if I add a BillFodl.)
    Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!
    VCP

tccadmin
    Keymaster

I’ve never used a Coldcard, but I met Rudolfo many years ago when Coinkite was just starting out.

They are highly respected and have had no known issues (that I’m aware of).

If you don’t plan to spend anything and just want to store it offline they sound like a good solution. I should pick one up and test it out.

Lmdacosta
    Participant

Mark,
    Did you ever test the ColdCard? Interested in your thoughts regarding ease of use, security, etc.
    Thanks!
    Lisa

tccadmin
    Keymaster

I was given a Coldcard at the Canadian Bitcoiners meet-up and started to set it up but realized I did it improperly, so I need to wipe it and start over again.

Haven’t had a chance to do that yet.

The Coldcard is a lot more technically involved to set up and maintain than the Ledger.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by tccadmin.
    Kevin Rowan
    Participant

Sooo…I would assume that the differences between ColdCard and Nano are not huge. I have been satisfied with Nano…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.